Few systems have as much impact on the human body as the craniosacral system. It protects and nourishes the brain and spinal cord – and affects nearly every aspect of central nervous system performance. That’s why CranioSacral Therapy is so critical to your healthcare practice. Developed after years of university research and testing, it allows you to release fascial restrictions anywhere on the body that may be impinging the craniosacral system and every other system it interacts with. In this workshop you’ll learn gentle techniques to normalize the craniosacral system and allow the body to self-correct. By unraveling pain and dysfunction at the source, you’ll naturally help eliminate stress, strengthen resistance to disease, and enhance health in every dimension.
By the end of this 4-day workshop you should be able to:
- Describe the scientific foundation and principles of CranioSacral Therapy – and why it’s the key to relieving pain and dysfunction at their source
- Demonstrate finely tuned palpation skills you can rely on as highly sensitive and intuitive healthcare tools
- Identify the subtle craniosacral rhythm and interpret its patterns to accurately evaluate dysfunction and improvements
- Locate the source of physical problems by travelling through the fascial system, that complex web of tissue that impacts all body structures and systems
- Release dural tube restrictions to enhance interactions between the central nervous system and the rest of the body
- Use techniques that produce dramatic health and relaxation effects, including Direction of Energy and Still-Point Induction
- Work with approaches to a number of common ailments such as TMJ dysfunction, head and neck pain, central nervous system disorders and many more
- Put a simple, effective 10-Step Protocol into practice right away
Prerequisite: Professional healthcare practitioner, student in healthcare program nearing completion in their studies or graduate awaiting license/accreditation with experience in manual therapy and anatomical knowledge. Examples include: Osteopath, Chiropractor, Physiotherapist, Acupuncturist, Massage Therapist (NZQA level 4 and above or equivalent).
If you are not a professional healthcare practitioner or student in a healthcare program nearing completion please contact the office to discuss your study pathway options which will include attending Introduction to CranioSacral Therapy and completing prerequisite Anatomy & Physiology and Pathology study prior to attending CST1.
- CranioSacral Therapy text book (chapters 1-6), by Dr John Upledger. Available at http://shop.iahe.com/Product-List/Textbooks/Craniosacral-Therapy
- Inner Physician and You by Dr John Upledger. Available at http://shop.iahe.com/Patient-Info/Your-Inner-Physician-and-You