This course is designed to show you how to work with the special issues that surround the application of CranioSacral Therapy and SomatoEmotional Release as they relate to infants and children. As with all CST and SER classes, this workshop will consist largely of lecture, demonstration and practice. However, this class will also include several experiential exercises, including one SER lab, in order to help you better understand and “meet” children where they are and addresses the special application of CranioSacral Therapy, SomatoEmotional Release and Energy Cyst Release on infants and children.
- Discover the special issues surrounding the application of CST and SER to infants
- Study the use of imagery and dialoguing with children
- Expand your skills in arcing, regional tissue release, the significance detector and dialoguing
- Observe experienced therapists demonstrate pediatric CST and SER techniques
- Practice your own skills with infants and children during the workshop in a safe, supervised setting
Prerequisite: SomatoEmotional Release 1 (SER1)
To help you prepare and derive maximum benefit from the course, we recommend you read:
- A Brain is Born by John. E. Upledger. DO, OMM,
- Out of Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder by Carol Stock Kranowitz, and
- The Soul of Discipline: The Simplicity Parenting Approach to Warm, Firm, and Calm Guidance–From Toddlers to Teens,
Books are available at http://shop.iahe.com/Product-List/Health-and-Wellness/ or can be ordered through Upledger Institute New Zealand.
Also, on the third and fourth days, the course is designed for participants to work in pairs with the children. The infants and children are provided solely by you and your classmates, and often receive immeasurable benefits from attending. We have received many letters from the parents of children who were involved in previous courses commenting on the impact this brief opportunity has had on their families. Unfortunately, if participants are unable to provide a sufficient number of children, the educational quality of the seminar will be impacted. Do not assume others are able to bring a child – you will be sent a Demonstration Application form and FAQ what is expected of the children/demonstrations, when you register and pay a deposit to confirm your place.