This course expands upon the special issues that surround the applications of CranioSacral Therapy and SomatoEmotional Release as they pertain to newborns, infants and children.
CSP2 will deepen and explore the knowledge and experience of CSP1 as well as incorporate new techniques for use with babies and children.
Family dynamics are explored in more depth, looking specifically at the energy dynamics between family members.
Development in utero is explored, including an invaluable opportunity to address any developmental issues of your own through the completion of developmental process sessions.
The anatomy of the cranial nerves, so fundamental to our work with children with learning and sensory issues, is explored in both a didactic and experiential way to make it come alive in your hands.
As with CSP1 there will be plenty of opportunity to work in supervised sessions with babies, children and families.
- Explore in more depth and detail the topics introduced in CSP1
- Learn how treating the entire family and its dynamics powerfully impacts the healing process and health of the child
- Practice working with infants and children in a supervised environment
- Understand and apply important knowledge of specific brain anatomy/physiology to fine-tune the CST treatments
- Apply an understanding of the gestational process to facilitate cellular change within the infant/child who has experienced difficulty in their embryological, fetal development
- Gain more insight into the aetiology of some childhood ailments and disorders
- Increase creative dialoguing and imagery skills in the application of SER to pediatrics
- Learn new treatment techniques for infants and children
To help you prepare and derive maximum benefit from the course, we recommend you read:
- A Brain is Born by John. E. Upledger. DO, OMM,
- Out of Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder by Carol Stock Kranowitz, and
- The Soul of Discipline: The Simplicity Parenting Approach to Warm, Firm, and Calm Guidance–From Toddlers to Teens,
Books are available at http://shop.iahe.com/Product-List/Health-and-Wellness/ or can be ordered through Upledger Institute New Zealand.
Also, on the third and fourth days, the course is designed for participants to work in pairs with the children. The infants and children are provided solely by you and your classmates, and often receive immeasurable benefits from attending. We have received many letters from the parents of children who were involved in previous courses commenting on the impact this brief opportunity has had on their families. Unfortunately, if participants are unable to provide a sufficient number of children, the educational quality of the seminar will be impacted. Do not assume others are able to bring a child – you will be sent a Demonstration Application form and FAQ what is expected of the children/demonstrations, when you register and pay a deposit to confirm your place.