In this four day course, participants will expand on the functional anatomy, hand placements and techniques you learned in Visceral Manipulation 1: Abdomen 1 to give you a deeper understanding of the abdominal cavity and its relationship to the cranial and thoracic cavities.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have learned:
- To explore the deeper structures within the abdominal cavity, focusing on the kidneys, pancreas, spleen, greater omentum, peritoneum, and their connective or suspensory tissues
- Learn about the concept of restriction planes, mobility and motility
- Begin to incorporate multiple long-lever techniques into your work
- Participate in supervised, hands-on sessions that guide you through specific techniques for locating and evaluating each organ, along with the effects and contraindications
Prerequisite: VM1 (Abdomen 1). Licensed or certified healthcare professional or student nearing completion in their studies to become a healcare professional, with palpation skills and experience as well as anatomical knowledge.
Visceral Manipulation II by Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO. Available at http://shop.iahe.com/Product-List/Visceral-Manipulation-Products/Visceral-Manipulation-Revised-Edition, and review http://www.barralinstitute.com/seminar_schedule/prestudy_materials.php
- Atlas of Human Anatomy by Frank Netter, MD, and/or
- A Regional Atlas of the Human Body by Carmine Clemente